To be able to submit this survey, please first enter your address below to verify you are in our district.
Help with EDD UPDATED
Help with EDD UPDATED
Thank you for contacting the Office of Assemblywoman Suzette Martinez Valladares regarding the California Employment Development Department (EDD). Since Assemblywoman Suzette Valladares first took office in December 2020, she has opened hundreds and hundreds of cases for her constituents needing assistance with their EDD claims. Due to this unprecedented number of cases and the backlog at EDD, we are unable to provide same-day responses. However, we are continually in contact with EDD advocating on your behalf. Please complete the below Authorization for Release of Information form. This form will allow Assemblywoman Suzette Valladares to contact EDD on your behalf requesting resolution of your case.
We ask for your continued patience as we advocate on your behalf. Your case is of the utmost importance to Assemblywoman Suzette Valladares. You are a priority.
Please note, if your unemployment claim has been open for over a year, you must file a new claim. We have found this to be the issue in a significant number of our constituents’ cases.
1. What is your EDD Customer Account Number (EDDCAN) if known?
2. When is the last date you received payment?
3. Are you able to certify for benefits?
4. When did you last receive correspondence from EDD via phone, text, email, etc?
5. What did that correspondence from EDD state?
6. Have you contacted another elected official about this issue?
7. If so, who did you contact?
8. Please provide any additional information that you think will be helpful to explaining or resolving your case.
9. REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE AND AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF INFORMATION. Please carefully read the following: By completing this form, I am requesting the Office of Assemblymember Valladares (the “Assemblymember”) to assist me in working with the Employment Development Department (EDD) on my claim. I acknowledge that this may require the release of information contained in my records the dissemination of which may be prohibited by law. Therefore, I hereby authorize EDD and the Assemblymember to share all relevant portions of my records with each other, and to discuss matters relating to those records and my claim, until my claim is resolved. I agree that I will not submit any personal identifiable information through this form that is not specifically requested. If the Assemblymember’s office needs additional information, such as my EDD number, the office will contact me to request that information.